We’re ready for holiday parties at Bon-Bon Hair Salon & Spa! That’s right — we are in full blown holiday mode and want to pass on the merriment and good cheer to you. When it comes to hairstyles, it’s time to turn your thoughts on all things festive, fun, and carefree. However, we know that often times trying to assemble a quick and easy hairdo can be cause for stress. We have some great tips for you on holiday hairstyles. Instead of agonizing over your locks each time you have to go out, we’ve put together two hassle-free styles that you can instantly do to glam yourself up.
Great for short to medium hair.
1. Begin with clean, dry hair and brush it back away from your face to smooth it.
2. Begin at your hairline, in the center of your head, take a 3″ section of hair and tease it with a fine-tooth comb. To accomplish this, place the comb in the middle of the section and comb downward repeatedly. Continue behind the original section, moving backwards repeating this process, until you reach your crown. Only tease the hair on top of your head and not the back or sides.
3. Gently brush back hair over the teased hair to smooth the style, but gentle enough to maintain height.
Perfect for medium to long hair.
1. On dry, make a natural side part with a comb or by raking your fingers through hair.
2. Create a French braid with three 1″ sections of hair following your hairline. This can be done by taking the left section and crossing it over the center section. Next, take the right section and cross it over the center one. As you continue to move backward away from your part, collect hair on both sides of your braid to create a thicker French braid. Secure the braid with a small, clear elastic band, leaving about 3″ of loose hair at the end.
3. Take the end of your braid and the rest of your hair and bring together into a ponytail. Twist it into a bun just at the nape of your neck and secure with bobby pins.
We hope that you have found these styles useful. Of course Bon-Bon hairstylists are in-the-know about all the latest holiday hairdos. Give us a call if you are feeling like getting your hair looking holiday chic because this hair salon in NYC definitely knows how to make it happen.